Why join GROW?
What small changes can you make to your buying or employment processes to create change for the most vulnerable communities in our region?
The primary, underlying objective of GROW is to address long-term, entrenched, placed based disadvantage in the G21 Region. It does this by focusing on what all the research identifies as the key and consistent element of place-based disadvantage – long-term joblessness. GROW uses a collective impact framework, bringing together philanthropic, business, government and community organisations and making inclusive jobs growth in targeted areas of disadvantage a priority for everyone in the G21 region.
GROW asks partners to develop new business practices or change existing ones to benefit community members living in targeted areas of disadvantage. GROW is a long-term strategy to generate local sustainable jobs, and support job seekers from areas with high rates of unemployment to have equitable access to these opportunities.
All the GROW signatories are committed to integrating the GROW philosophy that a prosperous community cares for the well-being of all its members into their own company’s values and daily operations. The organisations who have joined the GROW Compact (listed here) are now considering the social value of their purchasing decisions, identifying potential training and employment opportunities for job seekers from target areas, and investigating the allocation of their routine operation and project spend to local suppliers and products, in line with their business objectives. Other networks and groups are aligning their activities with GROW, to achieve shared outcomes for our region.
Why join the GROW Compact?
- Stand out as a regional business, network or organisation supporting local and social outcomes
- Be part of local action, sharing good practice and building practical outcomes, leading to new opportunities for projects and partnerships
- Improve your knowledge and expertise in local/social procurement and employment policy and practice
- Be supported to build your own organisation’s dashboard and measure your own progress
- Access to local suppliers, buyers, employees and social enterprises
- Make a difference to the G21 region’s economic prosperity through your support for local businesses and suppliers.
What are the next steps if you are in the G21 region?
- Complete the online form below, to register and apply to join the GROW Compact
- If confirmed as eligible, you will be awarded your GROW Certificate at a major event and your profile page will be added to the website
- Provide baseline expenditure, employment or other relevant data (confidentially) to build your dashboard
- Embed the GROW principles into your organisation by developing your individual Compact Action Plan (with support from the GROW team)
- Become a member of the GROW Networks and access information, tools, case studies, stories and learnings from other GROW members
- Report on your Compact Action Plan after 12 months and prepare for the next iteration.
GROW acknowledges that the ongoing sustainability of each business entails an individualised response to the GROW principles, and will work with each signatory to ensure that this partnership is both achievable and meaningful.
If you are interested in:
- GROW Ballarat contact Polly Britten on 0447 720 908 or email@example.com
- GROW Bendigo contact Petra McLoughlin on 0488 008 926 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- GROW Gippsland contact Jeanie Hall on 0417 133 289 or email@example.com
- GROW Greater Shepparton contact Leanne Hulm on 0413 384 666 or firstname.lastname@example.org