Responding to GROW tenders
How do suppliers (and sub-contractors) respond to a tender or contract asking about GROW?
Option 1: Recruit job seekers from GROW target communities*
- Recruit new staff using GROW partner employment services (refer to list)
- Consider offering internships, traineeships or apprenticeships through GROW partners and programs (refer to list)
- Offer opportunities to job seekers from GROW target communities through normal recruitment processes
- Become a GROW signatory (refer to link) to report on your employees from GROW target communities, and be an inclusive employer**
Option 2: Buy from, or contract with, suppliers who recruit job seekers from GROW target communities*
- Use GROW signatories who employ from GROW target communities (refer to list) in your supply chain
- Develop partnerships with GROW signatories (see above) or social enterprises (refer to list) who can deliver parts of the tender
- Localised (refer to link) will help find suppliers and sub-contractors who are located in GROW target communities*
- Consider GROW partner Labour Hire (contact GROW)
Option 3: Sign the GROW Compact (link) to support the shared growth of the G21 Region, and report on your purchasing from local businesses – building the economy and creating local jobs.
*GROW target communities are Norlane and Corio (postcode 3214), Whittington (postcode 3219) and parts of Colac (postcode 3250). Refer list of G21 Region postcodes here.
**Inclusive employers are organisations who have a local, diverse and supportive workplace, as required by the Victorian Government Social Procurement Framework and Local Jobs First. To find out more, refer here.